Saturday, September 13, 2008

Theraputic Cleaning

Today, I clean! That was my goal and I made it. Yesterday I did absolutely NOTHING! And while it was nice to be able to do nothing....it did not get my dirty house clean.

Since all of my family had been here I had cleaned before they came and so it was not at bad as it could have been. But the kitchen, where the hub of "all things happening" is, had taken quite a hit. I tried to ignore it, after all it was straight, nothing on the counter and dishes washed in the dishwasher, but the floor where all the spills and splatters had been wiped up haunted me. Granted, my automatic floor cleaning system, more commonly known as Sophie and Sadie had done their jobs so there was no food but those tell tale smudges got to me. So, this morning I decided I had to clean house. After all, I am going back to work on Monday and can't do it then! Also, The Trainer told me last evening that Eve and the three youngest in the family of boarders that are currently residing with us will probably be coming on Monday to stay. So, If another woman is going to be working in my kitchen I cannot let her find it dirty now can I?!

I cleaned the refrigerator, inside and out, top to bottom. No more science projects now. Then the stove...even removed the bottom drawer and discovered some broken glass and an over abundance of dog hair...EEEEWWWWW! Finally, the pantry and cabinets. Swept and mopped the kitchen and entryway and now my kitchen is clean enough to eat off the floor....just ask Sophie and Sadie! No....wait, they eat off of it anyway. Well, you will just have to take my word for it.

From there I dusted every leaf on all of my artificial plants, and almost decided I don't need artificial plants anymore...what a job. Finally, I dusted the rest of the house and vaccuumed the "fur"niture and floors. I would have mopped my bathroom and utility room, but it began to rain. And when it rains for some reason the dogs feel it necessary to go in and out of the house all day long tracking wet muddy paws through the utility room. With that going on there is no reason to even try to mop that area so I just swept it.

I actually like to clean. Most people think Iam crazy, but it is theraputic for me and I love the sense of accomplishment when I am finished. And in this case....since I am going back to work on Monday, it could not be a better time for Eve to come and stay for good...or at least until they find a house of their own.. and if she is going to be the one at home all day long, the least I can do is start her out with a clean house!

No comments:

CHA-CHING!

For those of you who are too young to remember....this is all Doogie Houser's fault...all this blogging! Doogie Houser was young doctor, just a boy really. He graduated from High School at too young an age and then attended medical school graduating at the top of his class. But genius had nothing to do with how he related to the world socially so he suffered the same things that "normal" teenagers did. He would come home from his work at the hospitol and put his words to computer keys and keep track of his daily thoughts and happenings much like most teenagers did in diaries or journals. So...here we are.

I have been contemplating this blog thing for awhile, but just today finally decided to make it a reality.

Much of life is changing right now, so why not try some new things along with all the other changes.

I don't really like change very much. They say that becomes more common the older you get, and I suppose it is true. I like routine, status quo, the way things used to be. And yet, one of my favorite quotes is, "If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got!" That means if you don't want what you always got....you have to change!

So, change we do. Right now, Thor, the love of my life, is going through change on his job. What he is doing he has done before, but not for almost a decade. At first, when he told me he felt like an old dinosaur and would have to learn "how to" all over again I thought he was being silly. Until I was interviewing for jobs after 16 years and had to learn "how to" all over again. He was not being silly at all. He was being honest. There is a great deal of difference in approaching a task when you are fresh out of college and ready to take on the world idealistically and doing so when you are aware of reality. But...I am happy to say, Thor has come through with flying colors, as I knew he would, and doing a great job...at his "new" old job!

Our son, the Bohemian, has just taken a new job assignment in a new town. He has been struggling with living without his family until they can sell their house or at least rent it and move to his new location with him. It has been difficult and is getting really tiresome after five months. But, there does seem to be some parting of the clouds. The Bohemian, the Busy Bee, Mr. Golden Curls, and the Lil' Spitfire are all looking forward to the one change that will bring them all under one roof!

Our daughter, Lizardbreath, and her husband, the Rock have just returned home after being gone for nearly a month attending a business convention in Nevada and visiting Thor and I in Oklahoma. Today they are having a Princess Birthday Party for The Princess. She will be six on Tuesday! That does not seem possible. And yet another change is occuring....we are not able to be there! This is the first birthday we have missed for any of our 6 grandchildren....and I hope it will be the last. But gas prices and the fact that I will be leaving for Colorado with Tickle Sister on Tuesday made the trip impractical, especially since they were just here last week. But, we called her today and the Princess said it was alright, she got the present we sent her.

Well, time for another change. I must leave this computer and go keep Thor company....I know he is just waiting for me to add conversation and comments to his television viewing pleasure.....What?!